Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am NOT a cook!

If you know me, you know that I am NOT a cook in any way, shape, or form. I am domestically challenged (at least that's my excuse). However... I received a crock pot a couple years ago in a Christmas gift exchange. I am afraid to say, my friend Tammy used it before I did. I left it sitting in a box for almost two years until she borrowed it. So last week I got a wild hair and decided to make chicken and noodles in the crock pot for a New Year's Eve gathering at our house. Well, what do you know - they turned out really good! Who'd a thunk it? So, I thought I would see if I could manage to make another meal without causing any trips to the hospital. I picked up four huge, gorgeous butterfly pork chops at Fareway. They are marinating overnight in a "Zesty Italian Dressing" (Kraft's words - not mine!).They will be joined in the crock pot by these tasty lookin' taters:
Now... I canNOT be expected to be domestic more than one day per week, so tonight's fare is a frozen pizza. I have just noticed though, that my PEPPERONI pizza contains pork, chicken and beef. I expected the pork and beef, but chicken? Whatever.It really looked better on the package... not nearly as good in real life. I really need to cook more. Can you see the grease on this thing? I used to LIVE on this stuff. I think I'm getting old.
Let me explain something. I am food aggressive. I do NOT share well. There were six pieces of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake leftover from our little gathering. That means (in my mind, at least) three pieces for me and three for Brian. So, imagine my surprise when I got home and there were only four left the day after the party. I explained, in no uncertain terms, that this meant he had ONE piece left and he had better enjoy it. Food aggressive, remember? I savor my food. I make it last. That means one piece of cheesecake each day, eaten slowly, keeping an eye on Brian the whole time, prepared to gulp and stab him with my fork if needed. So here you have it - the last piece of cheesecake and it was soooooooo good!
Keep your fingers crossed that those chops turn out!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

So I've got to know, did the meal turn out well, Did Frank eat the cheese cake... the suspense is killing me. lol

:) Carol

Got Syzygy said...

I'm IMPRESSED!!! You actually used a crock pot and ATE the result??? AMAZING!!! Although, I must admit I'm a little disappointed by Brian. If you're going to leave 3 pieces of cheesecake in the fridge for that long unattended....well, SHAME ON YOU!!! If I was Brian, I would have slivered a little off to see if you'd notice. It would have been worth the risk!