Sunday, June 29, 2008

Challenge #1 - Composition

My photography group is back up and running - yeah!! So this is our first challenge. We were supposed to concentrate on our composition on three different subjects (music, tea, and feet). We were to do two different shots of each subject for a total of six photographs. I was really, really trying to think outside the box... we'll see. This is Tea#1 - so I interpreted it as "t" and not "tea". LOL. I think the shadows look like a bunch of "t"s.
Tea#2 - I don't drink coffee. I don't drink tea. Sorry! So... I DO drink kool-aid:
Music #1 - this one was really hard for me - music! Ugh. So this is the remote for my IPod docking station.
Music #2 - I did think outside the box a little on this one. With all the flooding in our city, the power has been completely cut off downtown. This is one of those huge generators (I made it into a black/white) - not exactly music, but it did sound nice to hear them running downtown.
Foot#1... I was a little better with this subject. This is the foot to my tripod:
Foot#2 - I think this is my favorite of the whole challenge - this is a bull's foot at the zoo from last weekend. I put it through CS3 and tried to give it that "western" look. I really like how it turned out.
The other thing we were supposed to do on this challenge was give a tip. Hmmm.... ok. Since the subject is composition, make sure you really look at your subject before you take the shot. If there is something in the background that you don't like, take a couple steps left or right to change the angle to get rid of the unwanted element in your shot. If that doesn't work - see if you can "get rid" of it in your processing.

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great job of thinking outside the box!! I agree with you, the bull's foot is my favorite too. Great tip.

Elizabeth

Lee's said...

Love the "T" shot! Sound of generator was a music to my ears too when we had that huge wildfire over here in SoCal last year. Hope you guys are staying safe!

Mel said...

Great ideas! I was thinking about the "T" also since I don't drink tea but I managed to find things I can use. Great photos! I enjoyed them!

Sandie Dunn said...

Hahaha! Marsha, you crack me up!!! I LOVE your interpretations on the shots! The kool-aid is so hillarious! Love the T's and the generator... hey, something might sound musical to someone else, right? My favourite is the bull's foot too. It's amazing! What a great feel to it! The tones are perfect! Love how it's off to one side. GREAT JOB!

photo_chick said...

The last one is definitely the best as far as composition goes. It's to the point of being so simplistic that it relies heavily on strong composition and you hit it on the head.. erm.. or foot.. right there.

Tonya said...

You did think outside the box, and I love them. Great job girl.

Jane F. Smith said...

I REALLY like your inturpretations here!!!The Music with the generators...just awesome!! Way to think outside!!! FAntastic job!!!

Jamie said...

Great interpretations! Love the bull shot.

momof3girls2008 said...

Great job! I love how you were thinking outside the box! My favorite is the Bull's foot too! Great job!

Janice said...

I love it when people think outside the box! and the bull's foot is my favorite too.

dragonflys said...

great photo's

Carol said...

These are really cool. Like the t's and kool aid too.