Friday, April 8, 2011

Deck!!!

It's done!!! I have wanted to put a deck on the back of the house from the moment I bought it almost two years ago, so Uncle Sam bought me one this year. As you can see from the before photos, there is a slope right out the back door down to the yard. The goal was for the deck to cover up that slope. Mission accomplished!!

Before:


Progress!!

Robin inspecting the work... There is/was a cement step at the back door that was a bit too high for the deck, so they shaved a bit off the top to accommodate the decking:

And the final product - it's about 10 feet by 27 feet long - a really nice size. There is only one on/off the deck - next to the back door. I didn't want a bunch of foot/paw traffic to create a muddy spot on the yard, so you have to go off the deck onto the sidewalk (which is probably the next project... any volunteers?).

Now I need a nice warm day to sit out on my deck and read a book!!

2 comments:

Smooth Sailin Agility said...

That turned out NICE!!!!! You could always just 'jump' the railing!! G

tervnmal said...

That looks super! Great for weather spotting as we discussed!