Monday, June 21, 2010

Fish!!!

I love my fishies - they are fun to watch and are very peaceful. I decided that I hated the "fake" look and wanted to go with real plants and driftwood. This is the before (before the fish were even in the tank - they were in another tank).
And this is what I have so far. I have been buying a few plants here and there (real plants are much cheaper than plastic/fabric and they will spread - as long as they are happy).

I am sure some things will need "re-arranging" as the plants grow and spread. They don't come with little tags like the perennials (no idea on height and width). The fish really seem to like the new plants and driftwood. They seem much more relaxed and like to play in the plants. This is one of my Otos on a Crypt plant:

My tank inhabitants are:

7 Bosemani Rainbows (I suspect one is actually a Turquoise Rainbow)

6 Black Sail Cory Cats

6 Emerald Cory Cats

6 Otos (they eat algae - good fishy!)

One grumpy Dwarf Gourami

2 comments:

Smooth Sailin Agility said...

That is AWESOME!!! I love the natural look!! Cougar wants to know when he will see them in a can??? G
You need an underwater lens!

tervnmal said...

How fun! Do the dogs watch them?